Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wilma.......Off to the Races








So Wilma (my family weiner dog) is about 15 years old now. And somehow we have never taken her to the Buda Weiner Dog Races. It took the new comer to the family (Rodney) to get the Harrigans in gear, and get Wilma to the ultimate weiner dog destination, the Races! So we all packed up a couple of weekends ago and headed to Buda. Sadly, Wilma is past her racing years, but I think she still had a good time. The second we got back in the truck to go home, she fell asleep, I'm pretty sure we wore her out.

Wilma and Mason have an interesting relationship. You see, Wilma had been the baby in the family for about 13 years till Mason came along. Then this little guy came along and pretty much stole the spotlight. Therefore, Wilma chose to ignore Mason for the first year of his life. However, Wilma and Mason's relationship reached a new level once Mason started walking around. Wilma realized that Mason drops crumbs, lots and lots of crumbs. And well, Wilma's favorite past time is eating, so really it was a match made in heaven. It has been fun to watch them bond and start to play together over the last 8 months or so..........and they had a great time at the races together.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Oh my gosh, I would LOVE to go to the Buda Wiener Dog Races. I am so jealous you live in Austin you stinker. Wilma is a doll and I am so glad to hear that she and Mason reached an understanding! :-)