Friday, October 22, 2010

Travis-Nine Months Old


Crazy huh? But it is official, today he turned 9 months. And to celebrate, he cut a new tooth last night, and as a result, he wasn't very happy for his birthday today. Poor guy. But overall, he is still our very happy baby. He is crawling ALL over the place and I have to keep a constant eye on him. Mason has even joined in the fun, and I hear warnings from Mason all day long......."Mama, Travis has a toy with small wheels"(choking hazard), "Mama, Travis is escaping" (after Mason has left a door open) and "Mama, Travis is going into the bathroom" (very bad since we have little kid potties which Travis could climb into easily-Yuck).

I have a feeling that Travis is going to me my little daredevil. Mason has always been very cautious, but Travis, not so much. He is discovering things that need to be baby proofed that Mason never even gave a second glance. For example, in front of our fireplace we have a step, Travis just crawled right on up. He was so proud of himself, but my goodness, it nearly gave me a heart attack, especially when he tried to climb down (don't worry I stopped him).

He is sleeping better, thank goodness! Usually he wakes up at about midnight, eats half of a bottle, and then goes right back to sleep. Then he will wake up at 6, and sometimes he is up for the day, and sometimes, he will have a bottle and sleep a little longer, I LOVE those days. But overall I can't complain, much better then the every 1.5 or 2 hours he was doing there for a while.

He has also learned a few tricks. If you ask him to give you a kiss, he will give you one on your cheek, so so sweet. Also, he is a big dancer, if he hears music, he starts swinging his arms. I think he is starting to understand waving good bye, but we aren't quite there yet. He also loves to clap, and splash in the bath.

Happy nine months to my little guy...........Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Stephen Harrigan said...

Loved this post. I didn't even know about Handy Manny. He was showing the tools off when we babysat on Saturday, but had no idea of the depth of his obsession.