I can't believe Travis is already six months old! In the past week he has had two major milestones, he started solid food and he has started sitting up. We started with oatmeal, and moved on to sweet potatoes, carrots and pears. So far he mostly enjoys chewing on the spoon (feels good on those teething gums) but I think he loves being a part of meal time with the rest of the family. He gets really excited when he realizes he is going into his high chair. Also, since we have started solid food, I have noticed that he has started grabbing for any food that I am eating. I think he just assumes "game on, I can eat anything now."
He started sitting up last week, which opens up a whole new world of play. He can sit by himself for about 30 seconds, but we have been propping him up with a nursing pillow so he can get a good play session in. He will just sit there and play with anything I put in front of him. His favorite toy is an orange ball, that for some reason he just can't keep near him. The second he puts his hands on it, he pushes it away. But every time you give it back to him he is so excited. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the toy that he ends up crawling to for the first time.
Today we had Travis's six month appointment. He weighed 16 pounds 2 ounces (30%), he is now 26.5 inches tall (55%) and his head measure in the 85% (the boy has a big head!) Mason held Travis's hand while he got his shots, he was such a sweet big brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment