Thursday, March 18, 2010

We are still here!



Yes, I've been silent, but this time I have an excuse, I have two kids:) Actually I have signed on here a couple of times to do an update, but I wasn't sure what to say. So today I just thought I would let you know what is going on day to day here. Everyone is good. Mason, I think has officially adjusted to having Travis around, and honestly it was never that bad. There were a few extra temper tantrums at the beginning, but they were never directed at Travis. Mason has been extra spoiled by his daddy and his grandparents these past couple of months. So much in fact, that I know that everyone feels that they haven't gotten to spend much time with the new little guy. But Mason is who needs their attention now, and it has been wonderful! Mason really loves Travis, and loves to hold him. It is pretty funny, every time Mason sits down to hold Travis he says "you better go get the camera for this." Yes, Rodney and I said that a lot in the beginning to each other, we had to take pictures of our two boys together.

Travis is beginning to "wake up." We are getting smiles on a regular basis now, and he is very much aware of his surroundings. Most nights he will sleep for a five hour stretch and then every two hours after that. Which doesn't sound great, but I will take it. It is much better then the first two weeks when he would only sleep on my chest, and then after that when he would wake up every half hour to every hour. He still sleeps in his swing because it elevates his head. For some reason at night he becomes very congested (the doctor says it is normal) and he can't breathe. But he has napped a couple of times in his crib, and hopefully he will be there full time soon.

Rodney is back at work after his three week paternity leave. What a lifesaver that was. Rodney pretty much just took care of Mason for three weeks straight, and I handled Travis, which made things manageable. He still has some paternity leave left, so he will take off some some time here and there to spend with us. In the meantime he is working hard, and we all look forward to him coming home everyday. On the weekends he has been getting a lot of projects done around the house (like staining the front door) and he has also started taking Mason golfing, which he LOVES.

Then there is me..............I'm still here and kicking. This has really been so much easier then I thought it would be. I have had so much help from our families, they have been awesome, and Travis has been a pretty easy baby. Plus, this whole newborn thing wasn't as much of a shock to the system as it was the first time around. Don't get me wrong, there have been those moments where both kids are crying and I'm not sure what I am suppose to do, but I survived them and so did the boys:) So as of now, I am thinking I can handle this, accept for this whole Mason giving up his nap thing..................but that is another long story that I won't go into right now.

So that is where things are right now...........we have almost survived our first two months. Travis will be two months next week, crazy!




1 comment:

Stephen Harrigan said...

Your faithful readers are grateful for the update!