
Mason and I have been having a lot of conversations lately about how we are going to get baby brother out. I spare him all the fun details and just tell him that the doctor is going to help mommy get baby brother out. We have taken Mason to the last few doctor appointments, but until today we had only seen the nurse. Today we actually saw the doctor. When the appointment was all over and the doctor was leaving the room, Mason starting crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said "I thought baby brother was coming today, I want to see baby brother." I guess all the talk about the doctor getting baby brother out, made him get his hopes up when the doctor came into the room. To see Mason cry that way, just broke our hearts, it was so sad, the poor boy has been so patient for the past nine months. But at the same time, it was so sweet, because he really is EXCITED about this baby. So anyway I wanted to write this down so we would remember it, and I thought I could share it with everyone else.
We are in the home stretch now, three weeks to go. And no, baby brother, does not have a name yet. We have ideas, but if you know Rodney and I, you know this baby won't have a name until the very last minute:) So we just call him baby brother and Groundhog for now. His coming home outfit came in the mail today, so since there really isn't a picture to share with Mason's crying at the doctor story, I thought I could post a picture of Groundhog's first outfit.
1 comment:
That's a wonderful story.
Post a Comment